Red Sox Beacon Podcast – Episode 1

by Matt on April 21, 2011

in Red Sox

Hello.  How are you?  Good.  Down to business, then.  We’d like to introduce you to a new feature here at The Beacon.  We call it The Red Sox Beacon Podcast.  We hope this will be a semi-weekly feature here at The Beacon.

In this our first episode, Matt and Marc discuss the Red Sox off season, the new bullpen, and team’s rough start. Then they are joined by Sam Miller of the Orange County Register, who ably assists in a fascinating discussion of the Angels, and their early season success.

Interspersed among the 45 minutes of podcast-y goodness you will find the the following features:

• Extra Cheesy intro with wonderful rock-type music
  • The creation of the DH/reliever/griffin hybrid of the future
  • Matt says “uh” a lot
  • The use of cupcakes as payment
  • Michael Young – rogue privateer in a volunteer world

A small number of technical issues should be noted.  There are a couple short moments where the audio cut out for about 1.5 seconds early on in the recording.  Also, if you can only hear Matt out of your left ear, well, yes.  We know.  We hope these minor issues do nothing to impede your listening enjoyment.

Further, we hope to have the podcast available on iTunes sometime soon. We’re endeavoring to accomplish this forthwith. If you have any questions, comments, criticisms, or banana souffle recipes for us, please drop them in the comments section.

The podcast should be embedded above, but should that have failed for whatever reason, the podcast can be found here. (Warning: clicking the link will start playing the podcast immediately! Be prepared!)

Carl W April 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Couldn’t get the podcast. Tried it in a couple browsers. Let me know. I’d like to listen in.

Matt April 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I reloaded it and now it seems like it’s working. I’d say if you go to the page and it doesn’t work just reload it a few times. The site we’re using to host is a bit strange. Only the first podcast and I’m already having some issues with it. Thanks for your patience.

Carl W April 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Great, it’s working. Thanks

Matt April 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy. Let us know what you think.

Cristian April 21, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Matt, looking forward to listening to this one.
Quick question, any RSS feed to get it? (Related, are we looking to get this on itunes in the future?)

Matt April 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Cristian – You should be able to listen to the podcast by clicking the link above. You should also be able to download the mp3 from the same page (at the bottom), if that’s more your speed. That’s all you have to do.

The podcast was submitted to iTunes today so hopefully they’ll give me the OK soon and we’ll put it up there.

Cristian April 21, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply. It can’t be said enough, you guys are doing a great job here.

BMFS April 22, 2011 at 1:09 am

Phague.

Go ‘hed, NBA, fine me $75k!

x.trapnel April 24, 2011 at 9:03 am

Nice podcast, but I think you might want to try normalizing the volume levels of the participants’ audio next time. Keep up the good work.

Matt April 24, 2011 at 9:10 am

Thanks. I’m still learning how to use the equipment I have, so hopefully the sound quality will improve going forward. I think a major component of that (which I noticed as well) is the fact that my audio was only on the left side of the spectrum. I’m still endeavoring to figure out why that is.